Skip to main content

What We Can Learn from Lagertha

 


Lagertha- Depending on who you ask means "gift of the sun" or "shield maiden."


I'm late to this series as I have been to many. I quit watching television from 2009 to 2013. I did not have nor did I want cable and did not get into YouTube until 2014. Being late has its benefits. You get noticed and also you haven't been tainted by all those that came before you.

I get girl-next-door-with-hands vibes from Lagertha. Her name may not sound all that pretty but she definitely is not unattractive. She's the type of girl you would take home to mother and the whole family would love her. 

But those attributes aren't what I admire about her character.

What I love the most about Lagertha is that she knows what she brings to the table. 

When Ragnar's baby momma rolled up into the great hall in her purple dress and shit eating grin any other woman would have lost it right then and there.

Not Lagertha. She addressed Ragnar.

When he suggested that she share her status and privileges with a woman that did nothing more than lay beneath her husband long enough to become with child, she did the only thing a true shield maiden would do. 

She left. 

She didn't need to fight an unworthy opponent for what did not belong to her. 

While Aslaug was no dummy she definitely had not the skills that helped bring Ragnar to his throne. 

And not only did she leave his ass, she took the one thing that Aslaug could never give him with her. 

His first born son. 

Ragnar had tears in his eyes but that didn't stop him from pumping not one, nor two but three more sons into Aslaug before he saw Lagertha again.

And when she came back she brought with her Boerne who was taller than his father. 

Aslaug's sons looked soft. Compare to how Boerne's face was always tight like a grown ass man at their age...Yeah...SOFFTTUH!

And after she helped Ragnar regain his hall that his wife and drunkard brother were powerless to defend. She left again and went back to handle her abusive husband. 

And the next time Ragnar saw her. SHE was an Earl.

And that's how you do the damn thing. You don't fight for a man that won't fight for you. You fight for your future. 

I loved what she said to him sitting on her white horse in a velvet blue cloak:

"Now, we are equal."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goon Elimination Techniques

If you love martial arts movies like I do then you already know the formula. ....but I'm not here to talk about that today. I showed up to blow up how those poor unfortunate souls tasked with protecting the bad guy get LAID OUT by the hero. 11. The Warning Yell. -Look, y'all bout to get fucked up. This is the emergency get-yo-ass-out the way broadcast system. This is not a test.   10 . Slappin' ya face! -These goons are so low level that an open hand and a yell is all it takes to get them out of the way. Some might mistake these moves for chops or pressure points. Naw, this be straight up pimpin' without the baby powder.  Yeah I know, she is using a shoe. But that shit is still funny!   The real Slap Attack! 9. Get Outta Here! -What Scorpion would do with these fools, the hero does the opposite. He or She literally shoves, flips, or kicks them out of the way. While finding themselves dazed and confused their brains are no longer required t...

TRYING ME 05/23/25

  There is this dumb, fake ass bitch at my job has been trying me since I was hired.  She's married, overweight and recently a new mother.  When I was hired, she was pregnant and I thought I would only be at the company until she returned from maternity leave.  Before she left, she made sure to act a complete ass towards me whenever possible.  While training me the Ukraine Russia conflict came up (this was back in the early stages). I made a comment (it was just me and her in the room) generally stating that Russia needs to stop flexing because it is affecting the US economy (and it was because we had to impose shipping fees on our customers etc.). This bitch proceeds to raise her voice and scold me about how people are dying and what not.  I let it go. I didn't say anything to her for 2 reasons:  1. The bitch was so pregnant I didn't want to put her into labor.  2. The bitch was so pregnant she obviously was miserable and cognitively impaired....
She used to laugh backs cracking breasts free as the sway of cane Her hair a basket woven by her peers her eyes stars embedded in an alabaster mask Her man moved the moon out of the way in the morning and the sun at night She used to sing rivers running a season in the sun and rain Her arms the bow and her kiss the arrow flying beyond the sky to grace the gods Her sister baked the bread of life on a stone and it was good and when she died  the earth wept When she rose there was rejoicing Her womb opened up and out sprung humanity How dare you maim her how dare you shame her Lords of folly be damned How dare you shackle her man feed him bleached dough until he bursts open to anything that comes his way She was free once and when she danced volcanoes erupted She watched the world change and you changed with it How dare you breathe and not honor her How dare you